Garage doors have a huge impact on a home’s appearance and value. They are the most commonly used doors in a house. The homeowners should be very careful while selecting the garage doors. They have to pick up a door that suits the style of the house. Apart from selecting a perfect door, the homeowner should also engage the services of a good professional like garage door repair Nampa for regular maintenance and service.
Garage doors are of four basic types: folding, swing up or out, roll up or sliding. Common materials used for garage doors are wood, steel and aluminium.
- Wooden doors require a lot of repainting and refinishing and carry a short warranty. They are expensive.
- Steel doors are inexpensive and tough. They don’t require a lot of maintenance. High quality steel doors generally have life time warranties while the budgeted ones have a short warranty on some components like paints and springs.
- Aluminium doors are sturdy and dent resistant. It is the best choice if you have an extra wide double door as these doors are light weight. Aluminium doors are very versatile as they can be powder coated or painted to give a wood like finish.
After selecting the type of material, the next step is to consider the type of door opener for your garage door. There are generally three types of openers: chain drive, belt drive and screw drive
- Chain drive opener uses a chain to pull or push the trolley that moves the garage door up and down. These are the most inexpensive and commonly used openers.
- Belt drive opener uses a belt in place of the chain to move the door. It is less noisy than the chain opener.
- Screw driver opener rotates a threaded steel rod to moves the trolley that opens and closes the door.
Once you choose the type of door and the door opener, the next step is to get it installed properly. It is preferable to consult an authorized person like garage door repair Nampa for the installation and maintenance of your garage door. They are well versed in all the different process involved in installation of the door like checking the sensors to prevent the door from closing if there is any object in the path and checking for the battery backup and manual release in case of power out.
Selecting an experienced and genuine technician is as important as choosing a perfect style of garage door for your home to ensure the safety and security of its functioning.